Thursday, September 4, 2008

Biscuits for Breakfast

Where have I been, and why haven't I been posting? Well life is crazy, it seem I spend so much time on Kid stuff that I have little time to craft or really do any creative cooking. You know the drill, school drop off, library for little ones, chocolate chip cookies, dinner...same ol, same ol.



I thought I would share this recipe for biscuits. The recipe is really easy and super tasty.




Quick Buttermilk Biscuits

1/2 C butter

2 C self rising flour

3/4 C Buttermilk



Cut butter into flour. Add buttermilk stir until moistened. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead. Roll to 3/4 inch thickness and cut with cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 13 to 15 minutes.

For biscuits with a yummy crisp bottom, place an iron skillet on the stove pore just enough oil to cover bottom of skillet. Allow the oil to heat a bit. Place biscuits in skillet, remove from heat, and place skillet in preheated oven.

Fancy That, home made biscuits even on a busy day!!

DeeLight

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Yum! Thanks for a great recipe!!!

Felicia said...

Sounds delicous :)

Back Through Time said...

I haven't made homemade biscuits in long time, I need to try yours!
Hope you are having a wonderful week.
I am having a 1 year giveaway, stop over if you have time!
Michelle

Shadow said...

biscuits on a busy day, i'm in awe...

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

THOSE look DIVINE! Thx for sharing!

Theresa said...

i think I will definitely give those a try! Thanks for coming by :)