Wednesday, March 14, 2007

There's Always Time For Pudding

With Girls Scouts on Tues. and a well baby check today, I haven't had much time for crafting.

But I always have time for dessert!!! Last week it was cookies, this week it's pudding.

After making the cookies last week I told my husband that we were going to take a break from desserts and fattening foods. That went okay for a couple of days and then he was begging for dessert. I tried to get him to settle for something not quite so fattening, but he had his mind set on his favorite pudding.

This recipe is super easy and super tasty!!! My Mom makes this when she needs a quick dessert for last minute family dinners.

Creamy Banana Pudding
(leave out the bananas for a great vanilla pudding!!)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (3 1/2 ounce) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice

In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix: Beat until blended. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. In 2 1/2 quart round glass serving bowl, layer pudding, vanilla wafers and banana. Chill thoroughly. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.

When I make this pudding, I add bananas and cookies to individual bowls, if I think there will be much left over. That way the cookies and bananas don't get mushy or discolor.
As you can see in the following photo I also like it with srawberries!!!

IMG_1879


(This picture doesn't do the pudding justice. When it is layered in a clear class bowl it looks wonderful!!!)

Fancy That, a busy day but there's still time for pudding.
Dee Light

4 comments:

Zoe said...

Yumm yumm!! I was laughing when I read "Last week it was cookies, this week it's pudding." For me it is like, "for lunch it was chocolate chips - for dinner it is cake!" :) :) I too need to cut back on the fattening foods!

Hey, (on that note) let me know when it is girl scout cookie time . . . I would love to order some from your daughter. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, that looks delicious! Serious comfort food!

Anonymous said...

mmm, that pudding looks yummy! :0)

Katie Jean said...

hmm that looks yummy. Thanks for stopping by my page!