Monday, July 30, 2007

Milk and Cookies Anyone?

My littlest helper and I have been making cookies. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies to be exact!!!

IMG_2701

(This recipe was adapted from a Martha Stewart Recipe for Mixed Fruit and Nut Cookies.)



Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


2 1/4 c flour

1 t baking soda

1 t salt

1 C butter

1 C light brown sugar

1/2 C granulated sugar

2 L eggs

1 t Vanilla

1 1/2 C coconut

2 C oatmeal

1 1/2 C raisin bran

1/2 C raisins


Combine flour, soda ,and salt. Set aside.


Cream butter until smooth. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.


Add Flour mixture, beat on low.


Add the remaining ingredients.


Drop onto greased cookie sheet. I usually flatten them a little.


Bake at 350 degrees to desired doneness (8-10 minutes).

IMG_2704


Fancy That, a glass of milk and an oatmeal raisin cookie. Yum, Yum!!!!

DeeLight

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, yes! I'll take a stack of cookies! I just woke up so that's a perfect breakfast.
:)

Gill said...

Oatmeal raisin fresh out of the oven with a glass of milk. And nothing beats the homemade ones!!!
xo
Blue

Michelle said...

Yummy! I always love a new recipe! Thanks for visiting me!

Heidijayhawk said...

one of my favorite things to do is bake with my babes. a little mess never hurt anyone!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

That little guy is a sweetheart, (I'm sure you already know that). He is going to be a great little baker! (This comes in so handy when they grow up, go to college and can actually make food for themselves!). Don't think about that now, just enjoy your time with him!

Chickenbells said...

Those are some of my favorite cookies!

Sarah and Jack said...

Jack loves that job too! Well, that and making "puffs" a.k.a. muffins.