Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Perfect Day For Pictures and Pie

I love that the weather is cooling. It makes for much more enjoyable times outside. A week or so ago I posted pictures of my kiddos at my Mom and Dad's house. Well we were there again this weekend, and I took more pictures.
We went shopping this week and found this cute little dress for the baby, at JCPenny's. I just love it.

This is a shot of Little Guy climbing a small red bud tree.


AND HOW SHOULD YOU END A PERFECT DAY?

WITH PIE!!

My oldest made the filling for this pie, while I made the crust. We usually use the recipe on the back of the pumpkin can, but I was out of condensed milk. I was sure that Martha Stewart would never use something as commercial as condensed milk so I pulled out one of her cook books, and sure enough I found what I was looking for. The recipe we used called for heavy cream (I know I shouldn't keep things that fattening on hand, but you never know when you might need it.). You can find the recipe here . We liked the pie, but it was not quite as sweet as the pie we usually make. So if we use the recipe again we will be adding a bit more sugar.

I am so proud of her, this is the first time she's done the filling start to finish, on her own. She now has the job (or should I say joy) of making the pumpkin pie for Holiday dinners. I did make the crust, but I told her that didn't matter. She could say she made the pie on her own, because a lot of people use bought crust any way.

Fancy That, cute pictures and pie, can't get much more perfect than that.

DeeLight

3 comments:

MandMStudio said...

Such cute pictures, and the pie looks yummy:)

the author said...

Pie, yum! Send her on over... she can find "joy" in making me lots and lots and lots of pies, heh heh!

Anonymous said...

Good for her....I remember being able to help my mom and do stuff on my own....what a good feeling.