Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back to Blogging

Okay, so I've been away from my blog for awhile. I've been looking around at the fun things all of you in blog land have been up to, but just to busy to post. Well today I'm ready to get back to blogging.

With Valentines Day just around the corner
I've been making a few Valentines...
Making yummy Valentine treats...
This recipe comes from the Joy of Cooking cookbook.
Basic Muffins with Milk or Cream (I used cream)
Preheat oven to 400. Grease and flower a standard 12 cup muffin pan.
whisk together thoroughly in a large bowl
2 C flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg (optional)
whisk together in another bowl
2 large eggs
1 cup milk or cream
2/3 C sugar or packed light brown sugar (I used brown sugar)
4-8 T (I used 8) warm melted unsalted butter
1 t vanilla
add to the flour mixture and mix together with a few light strokes, just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix; this batter should not be smooth. Divide batter into muffin cups bake until toothpick comes out clean 12-15 minutes.
Now lets turn these yummy muffins into something really special!!
Dip the muffins into melted butter and then roll them in cinnamon sugar (tastes almost like cake doughnuts).
Taking part in a quilt square (charm quilt to be exact) swap...
It's fun to receive all of the envelopes filled with squares.

These are the charm squares received so far. Mine will go our in the mail tomorrow.

Thank you Katy for all of your hard work getting this "Scrapdown" exchange together!


Fancy That, Valentines Day Fun, and a "Charming" swap.

DeeLight

6 comments:

katy said...

oooo-love the picture of the stamps!

Pink Slippers said...

Cute heart muffin. I need to get myself a heart muffin pan. Thanks for igniting that one. My sweeties would love it. And me too.

Grace said...

i used to make valentines to give away. now i just make muffins. and eat them. :)

Jennifer said...

Dee, sorry to disappoint you but the post on my blog was from Monday!! No worries though, if you make the deadline you still made the deadline.... I have a HORRIBLE time getting things done, well, not done, but mailed...

Can't wait to get yours!
Jennifer

miss vintage love said...

Cute valentine cards! Nice job.

CheekyCharm said...

Adorable!!! Love the heart muffin recipe and will be trying it out!!!