Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time for sewing?

Finally, I dusted off the embroidery machine, I dusted off the sewing machine and did a little sewing. This was a super easy, and quick project. That's the only kind I'm able to do lately.

I purchased a plain t-shirt and chose a Halloween embroidery design to stitch on it, then I cut a strip of Halloween fabric (should have been double the width of the shirt, but I didn't have that much), gathered it, and sewed it to the bottom of the T-shirt. This was such a super quick project, that I was able to complete it before anyone woke up from nap time (and my little guy, didn't take a very long nap!!). Hopefully I'll get a chance to do a few more of these tops.

I'm finally going to share my all time favorite sugar cookie recipe. Every time I make them I think okay today's the day I'll blog about these, but they're gobbled up before I get the chance. My mom always made these when I was a girl, when she makes them she cooks them until they are lightly browned and slightly crisp. My husband, likes soft cookies, so I cook them for a shorter time and they are great as well.

Favorite Sugar Cookies

(I don't know what's up, but I can't seem to get rid of the double spaced lines in the recipe!!! Sorry if it make things hard to read)

1 C brown sugar

1 C white sugar

1 C butter

2 eggs


2 t vanilla


Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and vanilla.

3 1/2 C flour

2 t soda

2 t cream of tarter

1/2 t salt

Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture. Mix just until blended.

Shape cookies into balls and then roll in sugar (I add sprinkles too).

Bake at 350 degrees until cookies reach desired doneness (about 8 minutes give or take).

Fancy that, time for a little sewing, and well, we always have time for cookies!! DeeLight

5 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

SUPER CUTE! Do you take orders! LOL
My sewing skills don't even exist! I can sew buttons and small animals out of gloves. When you bring a machine into it forget it!
I'm gonna try those cookies. Yum. I have a recipe from my great great g'ma, but let me tell you it is so fussy! When I want some cookies I want them now. So for sugers we'd just get the pillsbery ones. NOT THE SAME!

MandMStudio said...

cute outfit and the cookies look yummy.

Anonymous said...

Are you selling those cute little things you make? If not, you should be...on etsy maybe? I started following you on Twitter. :)

Laurie said...

You remind of how much I miss sewing! I'm thinking about redoing my living room. Maybe I'll whip up some curtains and matching curtains.

Your recipes look delish and that apple pie is amazing.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and leaving a comment.

Michie said...

I love that top! Too cute! Maybe when I finally get around to learning how to sew, it'd be a good starter project?