Friday, September 12, 2008

One Bowl Cupcakes

I have had this recipe for quite some time. I've often thought of trying it, but never have. Why? you ask. Well to be perfectly honest it calls for oil instead of butter, and only 3T of that. I know I should rejoice and be glad for any recipe that requires something other that real butter. But I've always felt that if I'm going to eat it, it ought to taste good. Just about all of my baking is done with real butter. Of course there are a few exception, and now there is one more. These cupcake are fantastic, and super easy to boot. I thought they might dry out with time, but no they actually got a little more moist. I don't know if it's because of the moist weather we've been having (could that effect cupcakes) or just the nature of the cupcake.


Well here goes. I hope you all enjoy this yummy, easy to make cupcake!!
One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes (Martha Stewart Kids magazine Winter 2004)

3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 C all purpose flower
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 t baking soda
3/4 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
2 large eggs
3/4 C warm water
3/4 C buttermilk
3 T vegetable oil
1 t pure vanilla extract

preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin cups.
Sift ( I was in a hurry and didn't sift) cocoa , flour, soda, and baking powder into a large bowl, add sugar and salt.
Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk oil and vanilla mix until smooth about 3 min.
Fill muffin cups about 1/3 full with batter. Bake about 20 minutes, or until cupcakes spring back to the touch.
Let cool in tins and then place on wire rack.

I tend to make frosting by taste and experience. I used about 1 1/2 sticks of butter, 3 oz cream cheese, vanilla, a splash of milk, cocoa powder to taste (I also added a little chocolate syrup, that makes it nice and creamy), and enough powdered sugar to give a good consistency. I don't know if you can call this a real recipe, but it's what I do just about every time, and my family and friends love it. After frosting the cupcake I dip them in sprinkles. Because, after all what a cupcake without a little bling?
Fancy that, easy, yummy cupckes!!
DeeLight

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, they look yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks so much for stopping by our blog and leaving a comment! I now get to discover all the great stuff in your blog! From what I've seen so far, I am going to enjoy going through your archives. Your recipes look great, I look forward to trying some. We are always looking for good sugar cookie recipes. Have a great weekend! Twyla

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!

Sara@iSass said...

Thanks for stopping by Butterville. I love meeting people and reading blogs. It's so fun, especailly when we all share ideas and recipes. These look GOOD. My Hubby is a chocoholic. I'll let you know how they turn out for us.
Blessings.