Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pink Saturday

Do The Upcoming Holidays Have You Feeling A Little Rattled?

This time of year things start to get a little crazy!! There is so much to do, so many places to go, so many crafts I want to do with my kids, so many new recipes to try...Sometimes I start feeling a little rattled. But then I slow down look at my little ones and remember we don't have to do everything. The most important thing about being a family is taking time to enjoy one another and the special times we share. So I have decided the only kind of "rattle" we need around our house is the baby kind. This was my rattle when I was a baby I just love the dainty flowers, and the pretty pink, all of my kiddos have used it (yes even the boy).

Don't stress, don't worry Think Pink!!! And if you can get your hands on one shake a pink rattle, it's sure to make you feel better.

If shaking a rattle doesn't calm those nerves, and make you feel less rattled try one of these yummy cup cakes.

I found the idea for these cupcakes in a Martha Stewart Living magazine. Mix up your favorite cupcake batter, fill the cup cake cups as usual and place a miniature candy bar (I used Snickers) on top, bake as usual, and you have a candy filled cupcake!! I iced some of the cupcakes, no icing is really needed on these yummy treats. The only thing that would make it better is to serve it on a pink plate.

For more pink Shake Rattle and Role on over to Beverly's place.

Fancy That, I'm not gonna be rattled this Holiday Season. Well, not too rattled.

DeeLight

17 comments:

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

awe, that little pink rattle brought back lots of sweet memories of my daughter when she was a baby. I think every rattle and little dress she had was pink. I would love to have some of them now. The cupcakes look yummy!

fairiemoon said...

I love the rattle. It is exactly the think to calm my nerves right now. What a treasure! Happy Pink Saturday!

Sherri said...

love the rattle. Clever post! I am going to have to bake those cupcakes soon!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you tired of hearing "love the rattle" yet? It's adorable, not at all like the bright neon things they make today.

Happy pink Saturday!

said...

That is amazing that you still have a rattle that started out as yours!

Stephanie said...

You are SO right! It's easy to go in to "overwhelm"....thanks for that reminder! What a precious little rattle! You can use it for stress relief!

Love the cupcake idea, I am going to try that out!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie
P.S. Love that adorable little pirate!!!! SO Cute!!

~*~Patty S said...

*Happy Pink Saturday*
The rattle is so sweet and such a treasure!

Unknown said...

If I had a little baby again shaking that pretty pink rattle I would really be calm. Some day a Grandma I hope. Sounds like good therapy to me, and comfort food works too.

You're Invited to A Christmas Fair in Blogland on November 21st. Stop by and read all about it.

Happy Pink Saturday,

Karen

Unknown said...

Great rattle; glad it's lasted so long!

My Artful Heart said...

Shaking the nerves away...what a grande idea. This week, I will be thinkin' of a visual picture of the rattle during my crazy week of my work's office move.

The cupcakes sound delightful...I need to make some for myself :)

Sorry that I am a bit late getting to you. Have a great pink week :)

miss vintage love said...

That is the cutest! Love the rattle.

Thru Pink Curtains said...

different rattle!!!good idea and what would we do without martha stewart!!! i like her and have a lot of her magazines. have a good week!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Very lovely rattle...I still have my old teething ring..lol.
Btw,I wanted to thank you for the 'get well' wishes.Hopefully this wont hang on too long.

KatCollects said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday, I hope you had a good weekend.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Love the rattle and I will certainly try those cupcakes. Yum!!
Happy late Pink Saturday and have a great week. Come visit..:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday. Your post is so sweet. It's a deelight to open up all the post and see what each blogger's pink post will be about. This coming pink Saturday I am going to be bad I think. Shhh...:)

Anonymous said...

This was such a sweet post. I love the rattle and cupcake.

Happy Pink Saturday, Jennifer.