Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What's For Dinner

School is back in full swing which means Girl Scouts, Piano Lessons, Soccer... So what's a mom to do about dinner?

PULL OUT THE CROCK POT!!!

I found a version of this recipe online, and made a few changes to simplify it, and make it more to the tastes of my family. It was sooooo easy and sooooo good!!!! I'm not just saying this, it really was good!

Crock Pot Tortellini
Brown:
1/2 lb ground beef
and
1/2 lb bulk sausage
(drain)
spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray
pour 2, 24 ounce jars of Marinara Sauce into crock pot
(I used Bertolli's 5 Cheese Sauce)
add the meat and cook on low for 6-8 hrs
(you could cook it for less time if you needed to)
15 minutes before serving add:
refrigerated tortellini
(I used one regular sized pkg and one small pkg of cheese tortellini)
1-2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
If the sauce seams to thick you can add chicken broth or water
Let cook for the remaining 15 minutes and serve!!!
Yummy Stuff!!!!
Fancy That, something yummy from the crock pot on a busy school night!!!
Dee Light

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love to have you to tea~ thanks for visiting Sharon @ MakeMinePink.blogspot

Lei said...

Mmmmmmmmm...bet it would be tasty with chicken, too!

Sweet Remembrance said...

Yummy! Sounds good...
Looking forward to tea party with you!
Priscilla

Heidijayhawk said...

my favorite thing about fall...the crockpot!!! thanks for the recipe!

Thimbleanna said...

Yum-O -- this looks good. I love my crockpot, but don't use it nearly enough. And if you can believe it, I've never had tortellini -- guess I really should try it! ;-)

Yummers! said...

Both of my daughters use a crock pot frequently. So, I will pass this recipe on to them. It sounds so good... I think we'll try it too!!
Joni (from Yummers)
PS I'm a teacher too. But, I just retired. What state do you teach in?

Sandy said...

Sounds like a winner recipe!
School starts on Monday for our boys,and the next week for my daughter. But soccer has begun for all 3 kids!
We still want more summer! :)
Sandy

Unknown said...

sounds yummy. I've never used a crock pot. for some reason it always reminds me of beef stew...

Jade said...

Mmmm, mmmm...I love pasta! Must try it sometime....and thank you for visiting my blog. Its always great to discover new ones. Cheerio! :-)

Felicia said...

Yum!

Belinda said...

Oh, yay! A super new crockpot pasta recipe...and it really does sound good, Dee. Thanks for sharing it...I've got it copied! :-)

Jill Monroe said...

Okay, I've just cooked this with chicken. I'll let you know how it tastes tonight.